A ChangeView object is used to capture changes in SCDTable object in an easy manner. This is useful as changes in SCDTable may constitute powerful features such as:
- how many times has a customer moved in the past 6 months?
- if they moved the past 6 months, where did they use to live?
- did they get divorced recently?
- did they have any new kids in the family?
- do they have a new job?
This new view tracks all changes for a given column (identified as track_changes_column when the view is created). The resulting view has 5 columns:
- the natural key of the SCDView
: value of the column before the change
: value of the column after the change
- past_valid_from_timestamp (equal to the effective timestamp of the SCD before the change)
- new_valid_from_timestamp (equal to the effective timestamp of the SCD after the change)
The ChangeView can be used to create Aggregates of Changes Over a Window features, similar to Aggregates Over a Window features created from an Event View.
- get_change_view: get change view from a SCDTable